Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trying the Paleo diet? Be prepared for Caveman crankiness

paleo diet caveman

From The Globe and Mail:

Six weeks ago, I would have smashed you over the head with a club and dragged you by the hair into a cave if it meant I could eat a chocolate bar. Don’t even ask what I would have done for a bowl of ice cream.

I had been warned that the first two weeks of the Paleo diet would leave me feeling, shall we say, sub-optimal.

“You’re going to feel like shit,” said Dhani Oks, director of programming at Academy of Lions/CrossFit Gyms in Toronto.

He was right.

Two weeks into eating like our Paleolithic ancestors, a diet that the body takes time to adjust to, I was feeling terrible. There were headaches. There was a general feeling of ickiness. There was a lack of energy. There was a G.I. incident it’s best we not talk about.

Read the rest here.

Related posts:

Their Secret: Workout Hard, and Eat Like a CavemanIt’s Back to The Cave: The Paleo Diet Encourages Eating Like Prehistoric ManEmbrace Your Inner Caveman With the Paleo DietCaveman Cuisine: Is Paleo the Diet of the Future?The Caveman Diet

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment